3Box is where people build trust and connection online. We are building a social data network that powers a new generation of more scalable, human apps on decentralized networks. It′s an entirely new model for data on the web, which puts users in control and lets developers all access a shared data and user network.
Users can control their online data and presence through our Social Profiles dapp, and our developer API lets any application connect to our distributed social database store information in users′ profiles, making distributed data infrastructure and sharing information between dapps much simpler. 3Box already helps web3 developers to create better user experiences while keeping control and privacy with users, and we′re just getting started.
We are seeking a front end developer to own the development of our 3Box.io profiles application as it evolves into a social hub and the primary way a user manages their data.
Responsibilities will include:
Responsibilities will include:
- Build, test and deploy new features in the 3Box dapp
- Work closely with the 3Box libraries and libraries team to ensure close alignment
- Collaborate with the team to ship major product builds on schedule
- Care deeply about delivering a quality user experience to our end users
- Work with the product manager and designer to create a simple and delightful architecture for complex needs
- Interfacing with distributed technologies as they are used in our decentralized application
Working at 3Box + ConsenSys
Our core team is small and fast, incredibly curious and laser-focused, community-oriented and individually accomplished. We have won awards for outstanding product development, founded uPort (DevCon 2′s dapp of the year), authored books on identity, earned a PhD in Math, advised F100 CEOs, and much more. We also believe that building truly great products requires a balanced team and happy people. We′ve lived in dozens of different countries (and on a sailboat), dropped out of college, pursued a mid-career masters, captained varsity athletic teams, attended 10 day meditation retreats, run marathons, cycled thousands of miles per year, and built houses.
We′re committed to building an exceptional culture that supports teammates as they strive to realize their full potential. If you feel our purpose may be your own, share our values, and thrive in our kind of environment - come join us!
In line with our unique culture, working at 3Box offers unique benefits:
- Flexibility; we are remote-first, so you can work from your basement, but we also share offices all over the world if you prefer that
- Impact: our vision for the future is grand, and our operating model makes sure we are delivering tangible results every week. You′ll see the benefit of your hard work.
- A movement: we work closely with some of the most exciting product teams, technical experts, mentors and ecosystem builders on the planet. We are helping build an open community of extraordinary people and you′ll be part of it.
- Learning: not just skills and tech, but across all interests and personal goals. We do feedback every Friday, run a book club, and push each other to grow into more complex and fulfilled people every day
- Benefits: generous equity, wellness perks, regular team retreats, benefits depending on country, flexible learning budget, and competitive salary (funded early stage startup)
How to apply
We are looking for people that will bring exceptional talents, extraordinary passion, and new perspectives to our team. To stand out, send a note, video or something else to firstname.lastname@example.org that will tell us why you are a great fit for this role and our small core team.
We aim to move quickly, but want to make sure every new teammate is a great match. After reviewing your application we will schedule an informal video call. If it seems like a potential fit you′ll have a skill-focused interview, a short take-home to simulate our remote work environment, and a final group discussion.